Re: APT HOWTO, sources.list man page.

Hi there,

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, G.W. Haywood wrote:

> In
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-basico.en.html#s-sources.list
> > (which seems to have been updated last in August 2005) I see in section 2.1
>
> "We usually find the following in the default Debian sources.list:
>
> # See sources.list(5) for more information, especially
> # Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
> # CDROMs are managed through the apt-cdrom tool.
[snip]
> ..."

After installation, my sources.list has a line

deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 r0 _Etch_ - Official amd64 DVD Binary-1 20070407-12:15]/ etch contrib main

which is rather confusing since the HOWTO says it shouldn't be there.
The Debian installation seems to have put it there.  Is it supposed to
be someplace else?

--

73,
Ged.

> PS: How come emacs isn't installed by default?!

(nor gcc ??!! :)