Re: Debian Packaging Handbook project

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007, Davide Truffa wrote:

Hi all,

we are a few wannabe-DD who think it would be really helpful to have a
comprehensive packaging manual covering just all technical topics about
making and maintaining Debian packages.

Since the beginning of July, I have started writing a book about Debian packaging and shopping it around to some publishers. Looking at your wiki page and comparing them to the ~60 pages I have so far, I see some differences. I have mainly concentrated on debhelper (but yes Manoj, first it will show you how to package without extra helpers) and I don't intend to cover project-specific stuff like uploading or sponsoring.

I haven't talked about it until now because first I wanted to set up an interactive site and mailing list where I could post rough drafts and have people comment on them. That's the next order of business after I finish a consulting job I'm working on.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>