Debian Documentation Project

Hi there!

I've been using Debian for a while now and recently came across this
page:

https://penta.debconf.org/~joerg/events/82.en.html

A few years ago I was a member of the GNOME Documentation Project so I
have experience using doc-book (SGML and XML) and of course actually
writing documentation. I'd like to help out if help is still needed.

I should point out that I have no formal training writing manuals.

How does one typically get started? Do I have to run Unstable? Is there
a document that would help me get started? What sorts of technologies do
people use?

Cheers,
--
Trevor Curtis