Re: Desktop upgrade strategy - new procedure 'C'

#include <hallo.h>
* Frans Pop [Fri, Mar 23 2007, 07:15:40PM]:

> There are quite a few proposed methods in that mail, which were you
> referring to? Note that I'm not a fan of Osamu's suggestions as they
> don't work for desktop installs.
>
> The new procedure goes as follows:
> - aptitude update (/me is still annoyed at the warnings aptitude prints
>   when a new source is added for the first time)
> - edit sources.list to point to Etch

And mention explicitely to comment/remove the lines pointing to sarge. I
have seen APT wreaking random havoc when multiple distro branches are
available, though it happened last time with Sarge and *cough* recent
Ubuntu.

Regards,
Eduard.
--
<Yannick_k> hiho, ich brauch dringend nen Virenscanner der windows vieren
	finden kann