Re: Desktop upgrade strategy (was: What should be upgraded first: kernel or userland?)

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 07:22:52PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

> Yes.  The "flip-flop" in question is that aptitude has been the recommended
> tool since the sarge release, and is the method that the release team has
> encourage users to submit upgrade reports using, and it's now proposed to
> change back to apt-get based on a single data point -- an important data
> point, granted, but a single data point nevertheless.

OK.  My mistake.  I somehow that it was going the other direction (going
from recommending apt-get to recommending aptitude), which had me
confused.  Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez