Re: documentation for novice and newbies

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 11:40:35PM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 20:54:56 -0500
> Douglas Allan Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:

> until Thursday. Even if our project doesn't get approved we can do
> without alioth. More to this after I have an answer.
>
> P.S. I used 'novice-doc' for the unix name.

Thanks Andrei,

I just tried and there's no novice-doc yet.  Good luck.  I'll be away
for a while so if you don't hear from me please don't think I've lost
interested in novice-doc.

I'm wondering if we could have a master document in LaTex containing
chapters, sections, etc, where each subsection would be the same as a
'note' on a wiki.  Licencing of the wiki permitting, these subsections
could be scraped off a wiki, an appropriate reference noted and included
in the master document.  Or if someone writes something directly to the
master document it could be posted to a relavent wiki by anyone who
wants.

Then, whenever someone wants, we can make an html, ps, pdf, plain text,
whatever output file, compressed, optionally packaged, and distributed.

The alioth provides a public place to keep the file (rcs), a website to
have the document viewable on line with links to downloadable other
formats.

Good luck.

Doug.