Re: French sgml translation update of project-history

Hi,

Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net> (26/02/2006):
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 01:33:46PM +0100, Simon Paillard wrote:
> > Please find attached the french translation update of project-history,
> > sync with the last english version 1.50.
> >
> > Can somebody commit it in ddp/manuals.sgml/project-history ?
>
> PS: I got the impression that you used po-debiandoc. That's used by the
> new German translation as well (even if it's not yet available for the
> build process, debian-admin request is pending since I committed the
> de.po file only instead of de.sgml).
> As far as I now it still requires an expensive manual check to create
> the initial PO file. If you have a working one, it may be a good idea to
> commit it as well (instead of the SGML file?). So this work will not be
> lost in case you became missing for whatever reasons ...

He's in fact using po4a, which gives better results (in general) for sgml
than po-debiandoc (especially for the release-notes), and AFAIK,
po-debiandoc is dead upstream since po4a is giving better results and
the authors are the same.

Most of the French documentation has been switched to po4a, but only a
few documents have been manually checked after this switch.
So far, the results are available at
http://haydn.debian.org/~thuriaux-guest/ddp/manuals.sgml/ (it is however
a real mess for documents that have not been checked).

Cheers,

--
Thomas Huriaux