Re: [Fwd: Fix to Debian GNU/Linux System Administrator's Manual]

Hi Yannick,

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 05:14:45PM -0400, Yannick Gingras wrote:
> Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net> writes:
> > thanks for reporting this, I fixed the link. Nevertheless there are more
> > issues even in this paragraph. It would be very nice if you could
> > provide more corrections ...
>
> Here is a quick diff (still full of typos) against the CVS.  Yeah the
> chapter on backups need a massive update, I'll see if I can find time
> to reshape it a bit.

thank you very much for you patch. I checked it only partially up to now
but it looks fine.

There are no translations up to now (except a partial Russian one), so
the following is not very important, but please try to avoid changing
line breaks, so that the diff becomes as small as possible, even if the
text width is inconsistent this way. This simplifies the proofread task
a little bit.

Since I lose my data partially approximately once per year because of
hard disk failures and filesystem corruptions I need to start performing
backups one day :-) I'm still looking for a simple tool which is aware of
Debian/RPM packages (no need to backup unchanged binaries) and version
control systems (no need to backup a complete checkout without changes),
... I will see whether the document mentions such a backup system.

PS: Sorry for the delay ...

Jens