Re: Broken links for debian manual
- To: Matt Kraai <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Evan Clarke <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, Wolfgang Lonien <email@example.com>, Jens Seidel <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Martin Schulze <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Broken links for debian manual
- From: Osamu Aoki <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 23:19:41 +0900
- Message-id: <20060829141941.GA10379@dambo.lan.aokiconsulting.com>
- Mail-followup-to: Matt Kraai <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Evan Clarke <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, Wolfgang Lonien <email@example.com>, Jens Seidel <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Martin Schulze <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20060829051828.GA28309@ftbfs.org>
- References: <44F35B75.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060829051828.GA28309@ftbfs.org>
On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 10:18:28PM -0700, Matt Kraai wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 11:09:09PM +0200, Stephan Fuhrmann wrote:
> > this one http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#quick-reference
> > seems to be broken on all web servers (404, not found) for all languages
> > i tried in HTML form:
> > * http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/reference.en.html
> > * http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/reference.fr.html
> > * http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/reference.de.html
> > * ...
Yep. Someone changed build script.
> > Best regards and keep up your very very good work,
> Thanks for reporting this. I've copied this message to the debian-doc
> team, who maintain that section of the web site.
(My mail may be rejected by debian-ML due to some funny filter.)
I was told via Joey:
> > > the /doc/manuals/debian-reference webpage has no index.html file, while
> > > the package debian-reference has one - maybe someone with admins rights
> > > could copy that over?
Then without thinking too much, someone changed above URL ending
Sigh. Whoever touched file, please put it back or discuss with me how
to addres issues without causing other issues. This is also reported as
I thought I told bug reporter there is the reason why I did this
intentionally. If someone wants index.??.html, please make old link as
symlinks or so so old links will be OK. Also let's fix upstream CVS and
copy contents. The souce is version tracked with upstream CVS contents.
Anyway, let's talk how to go at this first, please.
Problem of changing DDP CVS only withou me knowing it has [posible
issue. Because when I update source, I do it in upstream and test it.
Then I copy all contents over Debian ones.