Re: Inquiry for proposal to establish #debian-newbies

[This is kind of off topic for -doc, moving to -project. MFT Set
appropriately.]

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Robert Thomas beau Hayes Link wrote:
> I am writing to request information on the proper procedure for
> proposing a #debian-newbies channel at freenode.net.
>
> a bot similar to dkpg were set to interact directly in channel

All you need to do is:

  /join #debian-newbies
  /msg chanserv register #debian-newbies founderpass

the rest is really up to you.

If you want dpkg in that channel, you can just let me know, and I'll
have it join; everything else is a matter of getting people who are
willing to help answer questions, and letting others know that the
channel is there to help.

Good luck!

Don Armstrong

--
Cheop's Law: Nothing ever gets built on schedule or within budget.
 -- Robert Heinlein _Time Enough For Love_ p242