Re: Where can I found the Debian API documentation ?

Hi Emile,

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 05:58:23PM +0100, Emile Schwarz wrote:
> the subject says all:
>
> Where can I found the Debian API documentation ?

No, I'm sorry, I really do not understand your question.

> As an example, I want to know what are the API to build a MenuBar, Add
> Menus, Add MenuItems to the Menus, etc.

Mhm, it it possible that you think that Debian is a library for
graphical frontends? That's not true, Debian is a Linux distribution
which distributes a Linux kernel together with a very large software
collection (more than 15000 packages). Please see www.debian.org for
details.

There are also many libraries in Debian which support GUI building.
Common ones are Qt (www.trolltech.com), Gtk, wxwidgets
(http://www.wxwidgets.org/), Motif like (http://www.lesstif.org/).  It's
also very trivial to create graphical user interfaces using shell
scripts by using programs like dialog or various script bindings to e.g.
Qt (from perl code, ...).

Jens