Re: Debian Reference --> XML conversion plan

On Saturday 01 October 2005 16:35, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > I have no
> > problems with making changes in the manual to make this possible
> > (provided of course they don't bring major regressions).
>
> I did not understand "regression"?
>  contents reorganization
> or
>  conversion tool bug fix

No, I meant regressions in the way we use everything to build the manual
in all its variations.

The current build scripts (including the scripts in ./manual/scripts)
allow us to:
- build both from XML-based and PO-based translations;
- create html files both with content negotiation (website) and without
  (CDs);
- create official and unoffical version;
- create Sarge and Etch version from same source.

Additionally, my daily build scripts (in ./scripts/manual-daily), which
call the buildone.sh script do:
- automatic build of languages on updates in svn;
- automatic update of POT and PO files when English original is updated;
- full or limited builds based on a language list;
- generation of translation statistics and index page [1];
- automatic mailing of log files for translators and summary log for me.

I've invested quite a lot of time to make it work smoothly and would hate
to loose that.

Cheers,
FJP

P.S. The location of the manual in the d-i repository changed this week.
See [2] for more info.

[1] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2005/10/msg00248.html