Re: Release Notes errors

Hi Tapio,

On Wednesday 01 June 2005 18:16, Tapio Lehtonen wrote:
>     The Installation Guide has been fully
>     translated into eight languages and more are being worked on.
>
> The web page http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/ shows 12 languages,
> 11 translations. Even if BR and PT Porgugues are considered one
> language, it is still ten translations.

This is only a working page. A number of translations there are not yet
fully translated or outdated.
The number 8 is based on the languages currently published on [1]. A
couple of languages are this >< close to being added there, but not quite
there yet.
The installation manual has links to both URLs.

[1] http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/installmanual

>     See the <url id="&url-installer;index#speakup"
>           name="debian-installer release page"> for further information
>           on these images.</p>
>
> Is the url correct? I find nothing about speakup there.

Yes, a section on speakup still needs to be added on that page.

>     installed by
>         default for new &releasename; installations. This will probably
> be corrected in future releases.</p>
>
> The package name is "popularity-contest". There is no package named
> popcon.

You are correct. I'll make sure this is corrected for all translations.

>     The `hold' package state can be changed by using <prgn/aptitude/:
>           <example>
> # aptitude hold | unhold &lt;package name&gt;
>           </example>
>
> I think this example is not a good choice, because it is *not* an
> example code the user can type. Does a naive user undestand the |-symbol
> is metacharacter here and means to use either hold or unhold parameter?
> Perhaps put two examples instead, one for hold and the other for
> unhold.

Yes, maybe. But I don't think it important enough to change at this late
hour.

Thanks for bringing up these issues.

Cheers,
Frans