Re: RFH: FAQ bug #342790 (logging upgrades)

Note: I have not actually read the BRs (yet)...

On Monday 12 December 2005 23:07, Siward de Groot wrote:
> Title "How can I keep a log of the packages I added to the system ?"
>   does not describe this very well.

There may be an even easier approach to this exact question.

Aptitude is currently the recommended frontend for package management (see
release notes). Aptitude by default writes logs to /var/log with changes
like new installations, removals and upgrades.

Of course old log files do get rotated into oblivion after a certain time.

To find out what packages are installed on a system at a particular time,
there are of course better approaches.