Blessing DocBook/XML for Debian documentation?
http://www.debian.org/doc/ddp says "We use DebianDoc SGML for
our documents", and the policy says the same. However, more
and more documents in and for Debian are in fact written using
DocBook/XML. My plea is to officially allow DocBook/XML.
(My personal reasons for preferring DocBook/XML:
- more mainstream, used by many large projects
- easy to generate *roff manual pages
- good-looking PDFs using db2latex-xsl
- I can use Emacs nxml-mode
- WYSIWYG addicts can use the non-free editor XXE
- supports images, tables, etc.
- relatively good support for many languages
YMMV, of course)
What do you think?
W. Borgert <firstname.lastname@example.org>, http://people.debian.org/~debacle/