Re: Release Notes errors

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 07:16:24PM +0300, Tapio Lehtonen wrote:
>     The Installation Guide has been fully
>     translated into eight languages and more are being worked on.
>
> The web page http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/ shows 12 languages,
> 11 translations. Even if BR and PT Porgugues are considered one
> language, it is still ten translations.

Sorry, not true. For starters, some of the 12 languages you list are in
sub-optimal conditions. The paragraph only acknowledges those above 90%
which currently are Czech, Spanish, Japanese, German, French, Portuguese
(BR), Korean, Russian and Chinese. I.e. 9 languages currently.

However, when d-i rc3 was released [1] only seven languages were included:
cs, de, es, fr, ja, pt_BR, ru. Since debian-installer-manual is built by
debian-installer and there have been no new updates since 20050317 the
Sarge release will have only seven translations [2].

So the paragraph should change 8->7 (not counting 'en' for translations)
not 8->12.

Regards

Javier

[1]
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?searchmode=filelist&word=debian-installer-manual&version=testing&arch=i386&page=1&number=all

[2] Beats me why it was done this way since it unfortunately prevents the
d-i team for providing new translations (or new manual updates) for sarge.
Hopefully this will be improved upon.