Re: what can I do to help?

Thanks for the responses.

Considering that it will take me a little while to get up
to speed and also to become more familiar with
Debian (it's been a few years since I used it last),
I won't be able to contribute anything in the short term.

However I think the comments by Javier are insightful.
Perhaps it would be worthwhile to focus on the upstream
issues.  If it is easier to participate in documentation writing,
and the results are more attractive, perhaps we can
get more people contributing and revising docs.

I notice that documentation is always created in HTML, PS, PDF,
and plain text.  It's always nice to have choice, but it
might also create complications in how the documentation can
be created.

I can see a need to create output for the screen
and for paper.  Gentoo deals with print needs within
the HTML generated, by using an additional xsl
transformer.  Are there Debian users who only have
a teletype terminal and cannot view formatted HTML?
(They look like this:
http://www.computerhistory.org/VisibleStorage/images/102637051_lg.jpg
 )

I don't want to cause any heads to explode, but I
need to understand the boundaries.  In other words,
is there anything wrong with the assumptions Gentoo
has made about generating documentation and
its available formats?

Regards,

Donald Teed