Re: maint-guide update: final confirmation before upload

Hi,

www-master seems to have problems building Korean PS, PDF documents.
Please note that this is fixed since many weeks and should work like a
charm.

It was asked by Osamu to update the debiandoc-sgml package on www-master
to version to 1.1.86. Such an update is possible [1] and happened
already in the past (thanks Joey).

Even without this update it should work (also in Woody) using an ugly
workaround from quick-reference but I want to remove bin/fixlatex, ...
and need further help (see below).

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 09:04:19AM +0900, Yooseong Yang wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 01:22:34AM +0100, Osamu Aoki wrote:

> > > First I got impressed with apt-howto.ko.pdf. When it comes to parse
> > > sgml in korean, the job is not trivial because it requires three or
> > > more steps to parse and get done.
> > >
> > > What means "works nice"? I can't read korean in
> > > http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/apt-howto.ko.pdf.
> >
> > Please try with the latest package 1.1.86 :-)  It is uploaded.
> >
> > Of course you need hlatex and its font packages to take care Korean
> > PDF.
> >
> > > You mean parsing is successful?
> >
> > Of course.  But I see nice pages now for maint-guide :-)
>
> Unfortunately, I can't read maint-guide pdf in korean under korean
> window envirionment with acrobat reader. :<

maint-guide.ko.ps: (not yet mentioned on website)

debiandoc2latexps -l ko maint-guide.ko.sgml
debiandoc2latexps: WARNING: overwriting maint-guide.ko.tex
debiandoc2latexps: ERROR: maint-guide.ko.dvi could not be generated properly
debiandoc2latexps: rerun with the -v option to found out why
debiandoc2latexps: or check the log file maint-guide.ko.log
make[1]: *** [maint-guide.ko.ps] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/org/www.debian.org/ddp/manuals.sgml/maint-guide'
Command exited with non-zero status 2

Please send me www-master's maint-guide.ko.log file so that I can inspect it.
Try to remove temporary files (such as *.aux, ...) and check that
hlatex and hlatex-fonts-base are installed!

I asked for this already a few times! A list of installed packages would
also be nice (or is this a security risk?).

I do not know who has access to this host (maybe you Osamu, or
Yooseong?), but I know that I haven't.

> What can I do to solve this problem?

Follow this discussion and ensure that we do not forget this. Check
Korean PDF documents at least once a day on www.debian.org and keep
us informed ...

> Any other try to translate korean howto document in ddp cvs?

Yes, apt-howto.ko.ps and pdf exists but are bogus. I can create this
file on my host but www-master has problems nobody cares about ...

Maybe your debian-history translation will fail to compile as well.

> > > Is this font problem sort of?
> >
> > That is history.  (Maybe font may be encoding...)
> >
> > I think new version fixed korean for good.  Kudos to Jens who did the
> > hard work
>
> Thanks for all hard works. :-)
>
> Sorry for my late response.

It's not too late to fix it.