Re: debiandoc-sgml update

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 01:53:18AM +0100, Jens Seidel wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 10:04:19PM +0100, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > Hi, I am BTS cleaning mode :-)
> Again: It works well on my Woody and Sarge box but www-masters version
> of apt-howto.ko.pdf has wrong fonts. Can someone check whether
> hlatex and hlatex-fonts-base are installed? If yes I assume Recommends:
> is incomplete (I added already gs and cjk-latex, ..., a few
> Chinese/Japanese fonts are still missing in Recommends since I had no
> time to check that all fonts used in debian-reference package are really
> necessary).

I think hlatex-fonts-base dependency should not be declared directly by
debiandoc-sgml.  Instead, each documentation package needs to declare
all required packages to build by tracing recommend path.

I think recommending hlatex just the same way as cjk-latex is good
enough.  Let's hlatex and cjk-latex maintaner worry and suggests font
sets.

> > * 286537 Paper size
> > This needs to be fixed if report is true.  So stays normal.
>
> Bug confirmed and fixed.

Thanks.

> > * L10N support data
> > GREEK 283260, ARABIC 286240 support info: request to ML with
> > instruction.
> > Slovenian 291481 is good.  We need to prepare a patch (Expand
> > documentation for how to add new locales)
>
> Slovenian added (and bogus LaTeX code from patch fixed).

Thanks.

> > Jens's patch to German belongs to this category too.
>
> A really minor fix :-)

Good.

> > * 202315 CJK PDF/PS
> > Together with wishlist 229849, 244625 bugs with seemingly good fix
> > proposals, this bug needs to be fixed.  Ask Jens to look into this with
> > current Korean fix issues. (See below) I consider them as normal bugs.
>
> Done.

Great.

> > * 214249 Style (TeX)
> > If this is a good patch, I can agree to keep it in minor.
>
> Fixed (80% of it was already fixed in the past).

Good.

> > * 202317 touch up script
> > This capability will greatly helps unifying support of many
> > documentation.  Current patch is non-functional thus removed but this is
> > worth attacking, I think.  Please think about it when you look script.
>
> Sorry, I didn't tried your patch but propose a new one which works.
> But I think your patch looks good as well!

But you put some fix code with manpage.  That is great.

> I also fixed partially #244625 by changing "\dots " to \dots{}"
> which adds a space after ... when necessary. The fonts related
> stuff is not applied since I never play with fonts, I use defaults
> especially in LaTeX.

I agree not to play too much into fonts.
> > Please.  Can you check all TeX style related patch and propose good
> > patch.
> >
> >  229849
>
> Not yet fixed.

Let's leave this until someone care enough to send a patch.

> >  244625 (patch exist)
>
> Partially fixed.

Maybe your text mixed a bit.  So you fixed "..." but not font, I guess.
Let's close this bug if this is the case.   Let's send note to bug
before closing this by the next paqckage :-)

> PS: I forgot to remove a few Todo items in source package.

Also you did not update debian/TODO

Osamu

PS: With updated changelog etc, I reuploaded to p.d.o/~osamu with the
same version number.