Re: Debian Dictionary

Jutta Wrage wrote:

Am Mittwoch, 26.01.05 um 14:50 Uhr schrieb Helmut Wollmersdorfer:

- Unix/Linux language, e.g.
  http://www.tldp.org/LDP/Linux-Dictionary/html/

Here it needs some more time to find the definition.

That's only a technical problem. After conversion into dictd it should be very fast.

What do you mean with "in an upper" context here?

"more general" would be the better word. The special context "Debian Maintainer" is part of the more general context "Debian". E.g. an acronym like BTS (Bug Tracking System) is IMHO part of general Debian language, and should be included in a general Debian-dict. An acronym like NMU (Non Maintainer Upload) is part of Debian-Maintainer language.

My idea was making the maintenance as simple as possible. And my current experience shows, that I would have got not much more than my own translations, if I had not taken the simple source format.

Making things as simple as possible is always a good idea.

For sure, I look at things different than a DD. I am looking at it as a user, who does not want to search through the web on every not clearly known word, acronym or phrase.

I am not a DD. I am experienced in writing and reviewing documentation. From this point of view I tried to explain my method of creating dict-entries. The condition "not clearly known word" can be defined by a formal rule. The goal is the same as your goal: making words understandable.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer