Re: problem with slovenian translation of release-notes

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 08:46:35PM +0100, Jure Cuhalev wrote:
> Matjaz Horvat translated release-notes into slovenian language (sl_SI).

What is the encodinig?  (ISO-8859-1, ISO-8859-2, EUC-JP, ... are good)

> it looks like it doesn't like slovenian characters c^ and C^. Encoding
> (utf-8) looks fine otherwise and editors also show correct characters in
> place.

Can you convert these to conventional encoding.

I know UTF-8 and debiandoc-sgml is not compatible.

I used to have issues with Italian translation in UTF-8.  By converting
them to ISO-8859-1 fixed problem.

If you need localized terminals in conventional encodings, please
consider m17n-env type package (or read its source and steal what you
need.).  I use all these terminals to update contents.