Re: DDP CVS commit by jseidel: ddp/manuals.sgml/release-notes/de release-note ...

On Sunday 09 January 2005 21:38, Jens Seidel wrote:
> First I will wait for more feedback. If the majority agrees with you I
> will revert my changes (but what about name="Übersetzungen" which
> doesn't work for url tags?).

The Dutch version is in ISO-8859-1. I tried converting the sgml file to
UTF-8 the first time I did the translation, but somehow the build system
didn't like that.

IMHO the people who do the building of the Release Notes should have the
final say in this. If they want things in a different encoding, then fine
by me, but as the current system works and I am not aware of any
practical disadvantages, I for one see no reason to change it.
I could see arguments to change all translations to UTF-8 and would have
no problems with that.

BTW. AFAIK the default encoding for XML files is UTF-8. Other encodings
are allowed if an encoding header is added, like:
At least, that's how it works for the Installation Manual.

Cheers,
Frans Pop

P.S. No way am I going to use &egrave; if è is acceptable as well...