Re: alternate plan for up-to-date docs on www.debian.org

Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org> writes:

> Em Fri, 20 Feb 2004 21:25:55 +0100, Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> escreveu:
>
>> So I suggest simpler solution assuming
>>  * DD who will be involved (ddp group?) will get SSH access to the
>>    www-master and
>>  * there will be a directory (not necessary /usr/share/doc/... but can
>>    be /org/www-master.debian.org/ddp/<doc-name>) which is group writable
>>    by ddp group.
>
> I like that way, like I said before. Documentation is not released that
> frequently, I don't really see a need for automating the release process
> if that is as complex as it seems.

Looks like we're arriving at a consensus! Yay!

FYI, I used to update the install-docs stuff in this type of way.  I
was using rsync.  That works pretty well with the HTML, although the
PDF sources generally don't partial-sync very well.

Anyhow, those are just details.  Does someone want to step up and get
this going?

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@debian.org.....<URL:http://www.debian.org/>