Re: Alternative plan for DDP

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 11:28:01PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 10:46:21PM +0100, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> [...]
> > joy's (I think) cron script to check out CVS
> >  Step 1: checkout from alioth.debian.org (source1)
> >  Step 2: export from cvs.debian.org      (source2)
> >  Step 3: copy source2 over source1 with cp -af
> >  Build like he does now using Makefile in parent directory.
>
> Makefiles could also support VPATH to find source files, then
> gluck has 2 distinct checkouts, there is no need to merge them.

If it is Makefile only, you have point.  I have many supplimental build
scripts including hacked debiandocsgml2* to build Chinese PDF/PS files
and other things.  Does VPATH address all of them?  If not, stick with
crude but simple method.

> >  I think this is a good time to change directory name to match with the
> >  web page name and s/manuals.sgml/manuals/.
> [...]
>
> Your proposal looks fine.
> We can first work on maintained documents and see what to do with others
> later.

FYI: I have created CVS for alioth with updated filenames etc.

THIS IS TEST ONLY.

I am travelling next few days.

So please do not comit to CVS under /cvsroot/ddp/ddp/*

You can play with it by checking out.

Manual page will not be affected.

Also check http://ddp.alioth.debian.org for the summary of situation.

When I come back, I will check mails and do a fair fixing if needed.

/cvsroot/ddp/ddp/Makefile will not work as is since I changed file
names.

Good night.

Osamu