Re: Plan for DDP

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 08:06:04PM +0100, Francesco Paolo Lovergine wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 01:10:36PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> >
> > What's going on with gluck and debian-admin?  Are they being
> > unresponsive?  Has someone tried pinging them in IRC? Should we go for
> > a fallback plan of moving stuff to alioth, if we can't raise their
> > attention?
> >

> Ack by James Troup just a few moments ago:
>
> <elmo> make a decision and someone (not a whole bunch of people with
> different ideas) needs to come with -admin with an agreed upon plan
> <elmo> (yes, I should have mailed that to -doc, it's on my TODO list)

Obviously, Osamu should not had mailed -admin if he had concerns, he should
have voiced them in -doc only. I'm starting to think it was a bad move to
CC: -doc at all, since the generated noise was useless and only generated
useless concers at -admin

> So, could we consider Osamu's plan as final one?
> Exceptions, comments, ideas?

Debian-admin does not care about our "plan" once the CVS is reinstated we
can do as we see fit, I just asked them for opinions on the Alioth move but
was not proposing making it effective inmediately after the CVS move (as
Osamu suggests). If Osamu hadn't jumped in the mail the CVS would have been
enabled by now.

That being said, why doesn't _everybody_ ask-pretty-please debian-admin to
restore the CVS (and the cronjob) as it was and _then_ we can keep on
discussing on how to do other stuff?. At least we would, at that point, be
able to update the contents and produce new information in w.d.o.

Regards

Javi