[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Alternative plan for DDP

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 10:46:21PM +0100, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Hi,
> Let me propose following alternative plan.

As far as I see it it's not really an "alternative" plan, that's just step 
4 of the plan I proposed fully detailed. I don't think we should skip steps 
1-3 and 

a) not forewarn authors and translators
b) not maintain website updates while we implement the technical details
c) not wait until what debian-admins have to say regarding this website 
update proposal, which drastically changes the way website is updated and 
has an impact beyond just the DDP.

I might be overly cautious here, and I do know this discussion should 
have taken place two months ago. But I sincerely prefer to err on the side 
of caution than to have people wondering what's going on.

Notice that if someone casually browses Alioth's CVS he will now see:
where not even a README file says that CVS should _not_ be used! 

I'm adding a news item now telling people that's just up for testing, but 
it should not have been done in the first place. 

<Grumble, grumble>


Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

Reply to: