Re: created software raid howto for debian systems

era+debian@iki.fi said on debian-doc:

> I see four different options:
>
>   * Include your documentation as part of the package which you depend
>     on (mdadm?) -- that way, anybody who gets the Debian package also
>     gets the prerequisite documentation. I sort of like this idea. All
>     you need outside of the mdadm package is the information that in
>     order to get software RAID, you need mdadm.
>
>   * Get your documentation included as an appendix of the installation
>     manual or some such.

I believe I prefer option 1, just make another package that includes this
documentation on using mdadm to convert your system to use software raid
as the root partition.

I'm inclined to include it in the mdadm package, or make it an ancillary
documentation, such as mdadm-doc.
I will contact the mdadm package maintainer.
http://www.cs.montana.edu/faq/faqw.admin.py?query=mdadm&querytype=simple&casefold=yes&req=search

Hi!,
any interest in including documentation on using mdadm to convert a system
to run it's root partition with software raid?
Or should I create another documentation package?

--
--Luke CS Sysadmin, Montana State University-Bozeman