Re: was: Re: concerning debian-reference and the necessity for the competitors

Osamu Aoki wrote:

Hi, I am back :-)

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 08:11:15PM +0100, Davor Ocelic wrote:
# Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:41:15 -0800
# Sender: Osamu Aoki <osamu@aokiconsulting.com>

Davor Ocelic, your hands-on guide covers both 1 and 2 area.  your
document style seems very in sync with John's and Progeny's and you are
doocbook writer.  Do you want to take a lead on this area?
Uhm, sorry for not replying any sooner, I did not realize I was mentioned
on the list till just now (I have no idea how I missed it).

I will check out "John's" and "Progeny's" to see what exactly are we talking
about.

"John's":
package: debian-guide
http://ceu.fi.udc.es/docs/debian-user-guide_1.0/

"Progeny's":
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/users-guide/users-guide.en.html

Also, what would "taking the lead" actually mean? Coordinating the effort, or working towards integration of the documents into one?

"taking the lead" possibly means for you to coordinate with people with
similar interests under your leadership :-)  "...into one" is one
possible path but you can propose otherwise.

I think John Pisini <lynjohn@attbi.com> had offered help and created
http://cafecomputer.com/proposal.htm  (based on Progeney's)

See the posting by him for more.