[reprise] stale documents

Ok, please, people, lets not get distracted.  Osamu Aoki suggested
some additional manuals but I want to stick with these to start with.
If we can stick to these for the moment, please, lets.

We have two choices for these, explicitly take these manuals out of
the user section on the DDP pages and put them on an "obsolete/dead"
manual page; or, the more extreme action, 'cvs rm'.  Both of these
allow us to retrieve it.  The first allows the manual to persist and
be viewable; the second just out and out kills it.

I need to have some objection to removing/obsoleting these or the
reaping will begin in a few days.

* tutorial, "Debian Tutorial"

Last significant update: 1999-02-26
Num. lines changed since 2002-01-01: 0
Num. lines changed since 2001-01-01: 0
Translations: FR, ES

Pretty clearly obsolete and no longer maintained.  Suggest we 'cvs rm'
it.

* user, "Debian User Reference Manual"

Last significant update: 2002-03-28
Num. lines changed since 2002-01-01: 70
Num. lines changed since 2001-01-01: 122
Translations: none

Most of it is just outline/draft.  Suggest we review it for anything
that might be sensibly added to debian-reference and then 'cvs rm' it.

* debian-guide (package, not in CVS)

Last significant update: 1999-08-06
Num. lines changed since 2002-01-01: 0
Num. lines changed since 2001-01-01: 0
Translations: none

Unmaintained, is seems to overlap with debian-reference, does it have
anything to offer not in that document?

Suggest we move it to "obsolete/stale/incomplete" section.

* system-administrator, "Debian System Administrator's Manual"

Last significant update: 2002-09-27
Num. lines changed since 2002-01-01: 7
Num. lines changed since 2001-01-01: 22
Translations: none (one file in RU)

Seems to overlap with debian-reference, only had two content commits
in 2002, and only a translation was adding all of 2001.  Probably has
some contents which could be integrated in debian-reference.

Suggest we move it to "obsolete/stale/incomplete" section.

* network-administrator, "Debian Network Administrator's Manual"

Last significant update: 2002-12-07
Num. lines changed since 2002-01-01: 146
Num. lines changed since 2001-01-01: 146
Translations: ES, RU

Only two content commits in 2002, one in 2001, 2 in 2000.  Suggest we
see if rkrusty is amenable to working with debian-reference instead.

Suggest we move it to "obsolete/stale/incomplete" section.

--
...Adam Di Carlo...<adam@onshored.com>.......<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>