Fwd: Re: [install-doc] DocBook SGML/XML?

Forwarding this from -boot, Denis mentioned it would be a good topic
for -doc or -sgml. I had converted several of the boot-floppies
chapters into Docbook xml for the new debian-installer manual, but had
retained the marked sections (which are not valid in xml). So, now
I've replaced the marked sections with attributes, as listed below.

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 07:36:16AM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 07:18:48PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> [...]
> > Thanks, Bastian. We are looking at debian-installer/doc/manual/en,
> > for example the supported-hardware docs in hardware/hardware-supported.xml.
>
> Your solution looks fine, one can indeed unconditionnally include
> files and set arch= attributes in top-level elements of those included
> files.
>
> > I am going to try changing most of the marked sections to paragraph
> > effectivities as Denis suggested.
>
> Great, thanks.  If you want some help to perform those changes, let us
> know which files you are currently not working on.

I have the current files updated now. Here is the list of attributes
I used so far. With the old marked sections, the section names were
defined in an entity document. Where do these need to be defined?
And do I need to add debiandoc: in front of each arch and condition?

arch="alpha"
arch="arm"
arch="hppa"
arch="i386"