[Fwd: Re: legato server on debian]

I guess my name is still on various bits of documentation, but I think
this is for the list:

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Joost van Baal <j.e.vanbaal@uvt.nl>
To: Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk>
Cc: Andreas Behnert <abehn@gmx.net>
Subject: Re: legato server on debian
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:20:07 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 02:22:07PM +0200, Joost van Baal wrote, to Andreas Behnert:

> I've found a post of you, on
>
>  http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-german/2002/debian-user-german-200212/msg01188.html
>
> Did you manage to get the Legato Networker server running?  We might
> give this a try here too.  Or should we better not try, and install it
> on a Red Hat Linux box?

FYI: Legato Networker Server 7.0 is installable on Debian GNU/Linux
woody, and it runs.

We haven't yet tested in a production environment.  However, I believe
Legato gives no support contracts for their software on Debian.  They
sell support for installations on Red Hat and SuSE only.

Although Legato Networker is non-free software, you might want to add a
note about this to
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/system-administrator/ch-sysadmin-backup.html
.

Bye,

Joost
     "But my God shall supply all your need according to his
      riches in glory by Christ Jesus."     Philippians 4:19