Re: debiandoc-sgml can build ps/pdf files for CJK :-)

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 12:58:17AM +0200, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Also Polish requested their quoting done nicely.  bin/fixhtml and
> bin/fixtxt gives you what was going on.
>
>     ,,text to be quoted''  this is how they do it.

Croatian should have this as well, and presumably a few other related
languages, too. I use „ and ” in HTML for that.

> I know the line for Build-Depends-Indep: is somewhat excessive but I am
> ready for Japanese and Korean too.

> I think use of Unicode (that means move toward dookbook-xml tool) may be
> the real solution.

It should be possible to use more default Unicode fonts. I'm not thrilled
about having to download gobs of new fonts to get something I should
already have. OTOH it's possible that e.g. the default Chinese font looks
as crude as the default Latin font and is unsuitable for PDFs...

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.