Re: Fwd: Rejecting NM applicant Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>

[ Not very smart cross-posting to debian-private and debian-doc, but I am
  respecting the Cc:.  Nothing below is private. ]

* Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> [2003-07-07 09:54]:

> Right. No one asked, but this thread ran on a public list so I'm going
> to tell you anyway. Here's my summary of experience with the NM
> process.
>
> [sorrow summary snipped]
>
> Obviously, I won't be participating in the organization in any other
> way either. But I hardly think anyone will notice.

Something similar (although in the pre-NM era) happened to a friend of mine,
Raphael Manfredi, several years ago.  He is a Perl guru, and he tried once
to become a Debian developer, got rejected, and became completely frustated
with the experience.

As a humble mortal (albeit a Debian developer), I am ashamed that our
organization manages to reject semi-gods like Walsh and Manfredi.  Who is
next?  Larry Wall?  Guido van Rossum?  Richard Stallman?

Just a suggestion to our NM advocates: when you have someone assigned to
you, try to learn a bit about him/her before judging his/her responses to
those (fairly procedural) checks.  You may be before a celebrity.

I hope it is not too late to reconsider Norman's application, both on his
and our side.

--
Rafael Laboissiere