Re: Fwd: Rejecting NM applicant Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 10:41:04AM -0400, mark@dulug.duke.edu wrote:
> > Dang. Maybe we should streamline our process.
>
> Double dang. If we can't find a way to get Norm in (who BTW offered to
> maintain all the DocBook packages), then something about the application
> process needs to be fixed.
>
> He's clearly qualified, and we should be honored that an individual of his
> stature would like to become a DD. FWIW, we could also use his help. Shame
> on us.

So let me get this straight, he doesn't have enough time for the NM process,
but does have enough time to properly maintain those packages? What proof
can we possibly have to support such a claim?!

Admittedly, I haven't gone through the present NM process. Someone could
have added jumping through hoops while I wasn't looking, but I find that
somewhat hard to believe.

And, furthermore, why is this mail being crossposted both to a public and a
private list? How useless is that?

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.