Printing Mini-HOWTO

Hi,

I maintain "Debian Reference".

Since I am almost off-line for 2 months, excuse me for slow response.

About your http://excess.org/docs/debian_windows_printing.html

In short, having interesting Debian related document such as one you
wrote is interesting.  Since we do not know your intent for the future,
if we allow it to be a part of DDP without your future support it will
be a big nightmare for the ifuture user since many of the contents
will be outdated, unmaintained and inaccurate soon.

Can you think of adding chapter/section to "Debian Reference" and get
wider audiences.  I see you write very concise and clear document and
you joining "Debian Reference" author shall be very beneficial.
I can imagine to expand "Debian Reference" with a chapter for cross
platform system configuration.  In there, samba and printing needs
more detailed explanation with focus to address Mac and PC world.

Please check http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/reference.en.html
and give us your thought.

Whether you want to merge with "Debian Reference" or try to provide
independent DDP project, continuous commitment to support it is very
important.

DDP is not really authoritative review board to select mini-HOWTO or
anything like it.  It is all about dedicated volunteers working together.

IMHO, with difficulty to include in current DDP as it stands, your
chance for wider audience is a bit difficult. (Also your specialized
license is another issue.)

FYI: DDP uses mostly SGML and XML.  Although LATEX is acceptable in theory,
one needs to provide Makefile HTML and Plain TEXT using free tools too.
I think your document can be easily converted to DEBIANDOC-SGML.

Regards,

Osamu

PS: I am writing from off-site so I could not spell check :-(