Re: Comment on the www.debian.org/doc/dpp page

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 10:47:15PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:

> > Yes, well, a proper metadata database of the DDP contents, really.
>
> Like I said :)

_But_ the metadata should be extracted from the CVS on build, not placed
manually. Otherwise it does get out of sync (when a new translation is
added, when a new version is available...). One of the people in the
spanish translation team is trying to automate this, let's see if we can
provide some tool to manage this in a proper way.

I.e. separate information that can be retrieved from the CVS sources such
as: author, document version, date modified and title as well as
translations available (not translators, since there is no <translator>
tag) and their associated translations.

Just my 2c. Regards

Javi