Re: Please implement <translator> (was Re: DebianDoc-SGML outstanding issues)

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 09:13:30AM +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 04:45:58PM -0600, Ardo van Rangelrooij wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > While going through the list of outstanding issues for debiandoc-sgml
> > I started to wonder whether these all are still applicable.  Below is
> > the list of outstanding issues and my proposal for each of them.
> (...)
>
> 	I agree with all of them save for this one:
> >
> >  4. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=30734
> >     Request for <translator> tag
> >
> >     This is something I would like get feedback about from the
> >     translators as to which extend we need this.
> >
> >     Proposal = close
> >

> 	I would like this to be implemented. It would make it more easier
> (even in an automatic fashion) to keep track of who translated which
> documented. Without this tag translation information gets placed in a
> number of places which do not seem appropiate: from the copyright
> information to the "About this document" section.
> 	I think translators deserve to be mentioned at the same level as
> authors and it's useful for translation teams (in the long run) to know who
> translated a given document.

I use 2nd author for the translator.

If added, please use it only for lead translator.

Osamu
        Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>   Cupertino CA USA, GPG-key: A8061F32
 .''`.  Debian Reference: post-installation user's guide for non-developers
 : :' : http://qref.sf.net and http://people.debian.org/~osamu
 `. `'  "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software" --- Social Contract