Comment on the www.debian.org/doc/dpp page

May I make a comment on the organization of this page?  I had a quick
glance back through the mailing list, and it doesn't look like it's
been mentioned before.  I think decluttering it by removing the list
of problematic manuals from both the main page and the pages linked to
from the main page (the Users|Developers|Misc Manuals links) would be
a good idea.  Problematic old manuals don't really (IMO) deserve that
much space on the main page, and then once you head off to whatever
manual section you want, the list has stuff which really is now only
of historical interest.

I'm thinking especially of the user page.  Since this is where we would
hope new users would come, I think there's a strong argument for making
it as streamlined as possible.

My (obvious, I'm sure) suggestion would be to drop the list on the main
page, but still maintain the "problematic" link to the list.  Possibly
in a less prominent position, but still have it somewhere.  And for the
list-of-manuals pages themselves, brutally excise everything that's
obsolete (I count four in the Users' section, for example).  Interested
people will still be able to get at them, but they won't be distracting
people in a rush.

Cheers,

A.

--