Re: future of dhelp

Daniel Nouri <daniel.nouri@con-fuse.org> writes:

> Yes and no. I thought about tinkering with a DTD in order to lay
> a cornerstore for interchange. That's not terribly urgent, tho.

Ok.

So anyhow we're agreed that doc-base should feed the data to the hooks
using an XML data interchange?

I wonder if using XML we can avoid the versioning stuff. I think I
might be able to design the XML changes so that any chnages are
additions, and thus xml processors that don't understand the tags are
ok (although deficient).

> Will there be a script so that dhelp can say 'yourscript <myhook>
> givemedocsavailable'? I'm unsure what Stefan meant with 'run the
> hook over all files in doc-base directory'.

When the hook installs itself, it will have to call
'install-docs init' or something to let it know that we want to
re-register all the currently registered docs.

I do things like that now in the maintainer scripts.

--
...Adam Di Carlo...<adam@onshored.com>.......<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>