Re: ddp-policy: [patch] typos and fixed some FIXMEs

Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> writes:

> > But... is there anything particularly wrong with the whole document? :)
>
> I think most of idea was summarized within debian-doc folks.  I think
> this content has to be review by following people in the order.

Were my critique items incorporated?  Haven't been following that...

>  1) debian-www and debian-sgml folks
>  2) debian-devel
>  3) debian-policy
>
> Can either of you to send a "request for comment" to those mailing
> list?

Is it really ready to do that?  Maybe I need to take another look at
it.

> I know this "policy" has too much "best practice guides" than enforced
> "policy".  But this should help promote consistency across
> documentation.

I think it can be taken as a more or less script policy governing
debian documentation itself, or, at least, the activities of debian
documentation which is taking place under the umbrella of the DDP.

Let me ask a question: is it intended to make this a debian subpolicy?
I don't know why this would really be desired, frankly.

> Totally different but kind of related subject.  Current package control
> field does not have explicit information on language/locale and encoding.
>
> What happens if we include those at the end like "Task:"?  I think we
> will need to have these for filtering packages in our future.

This discussion, and the idea that debian control files and and such
should be in UTF8 or whatever, has been taking place on debian-policy
and possibly on the debian-dpkg and translation lists.  I don't know
that we have to butt our noses in on this issue, unless you
specifically want to start prodding the dpkg developers to start
making these changes.  It seems more like a DDTP (translation project)
issue.

Let's not succumb to "mission creep".