Re: debian xml-sgml policy

Mark Johnson <mrj@debian.org> writes:

> There, I've decided: please name the module xml-sgml-policy

Ok.

> Similarly, perhaps the title should be changed to
>
>    Title: Debian XML/SGML Policy
>
> You decide.

Sounds good.

> > Any other responses to the '(?)' items?
>
> Shouldn't the license be the FDL? Seems to me that the FDL is the
> documentation counterpart to the GPL.

Perhaps.

>    License: FDL
>
> You should also add Ardo to the list of contributors, esp given that
> he already is one.

Ok.

> I dunno if there are length constraints, but maybe change the Abstract
> to something like:
>
>    Abstract: Subpolicy for Debian packages that provide and/or make
>              use of SGML or XML resources.
>
> 'seems a little clearer stated in this way. Your call.

Sure.

> Yeah, I know. Remember the last round where we tried to get to LSB
> compliance - phew!

Yes, well, I made it worse by kinda dropping out of sight for a while.

> Seriously, though, next week is for bug-fixing and updates, followed
> by a few new package uploads. Very high priority for me.

I've got my own rather intimidating bug list, plus I seem to be the de
facto docbook-dsssl upstream maintainer now, wah.

> BTW, why can I no longer get a list of my bug reports via email, as in
>
>   echo "index maint mrj@debian.org" | mail request@bugs.debian.org
>
> Is that service no longer available?

I dunno. Have you seen the PTS stuff?  You can get really good bug
overviews in a tabular form at packages.qa.debian.org.

I'll let you know when xml-sgml-policy is stubbed in.