Re: Documentation question: components vs. sections

Just found another bit unclear usage of "sections".

A snapshot of the deb-control man page:

       Section: <section>
              This  is  a  general field that gives the package a
              category based on the software  that  it  installs.
              Some  common  sections  are `utils', `net', `mail',
              `text', `x11' etc.

This piece of text tells how to use the Section field in a control field.
This is how I interrepreted "sections", but the Debian Policy Manual says
what the REAL usage is of the field:

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-archive.html#s2.1.7

The examples used in the man page are called in the Debian Policy Manual
"subsections". I think the Debian Policy Manual is pretty authorative so I
may conclude that all people should use the following words in this way?

sections: main, contrib. non-free, etc.
subsections: devel, net, text, x11, etc.

I've the feeling that I should have posted this thread in a different
mailinglist, any idea's about which one?

Durk