Re: DDP manpages

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 02:02:21PM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:
[...]
> I would like new <any-language>/<specific-package> directory to be
> automatically cvs-checkout-ed.
>
> If I use "cvs update -d" in "manpages" directory, this would be
> achieved.  However, this command will also download *all* directories
> for other packages.
>
> Imagine I have following directories in my local copy:
>     english/language-env
>     japanese/language-env
> and someone newly translated language-env manuals into french.
> In such a case, I would like to know a cvs command to detect that the
> directory french/language-env was born in the repository and to download
> it (and files in it) without downloading directories other than
> language-env.

Hi,

You can run
  $ cvs update -d -l french
if you have currently no french/ subdirectory, then
  $ cvs update -d french/language-env

Switching to a <package>/<language>/ layout will make translator's
life much harder, so I do not like this solution.
Maybe the English INFOS files may contain the list of available
translations, and a script could parse it to run CVS commands.
I will give it a try.

Denis