Re: DDP manpages

Hi,

From: barbier@linuxfr.org (Denis Barbier)
Subject: DDP manpages
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 00:24:45 +0100

> the framework to manage translations of Debian man pages has not been
> finished yet, but it is time to let other translators play with it.
> Files are available at:
>        http://cvs.debian.org/manpages/?cvsroot=debian-doc

It seems wonderful.

Though there is an instruction for translators, there seem no
instructions for package maintainers.  I have a debian-specific
package (language-env) and am interested in using this framework
for a manpage to be translated into various languages.

Do you have any plan to write some scripts and/or documents to
cvs-checkout needed part of repository only (because checkouting
whole CVS repository may be too heavy for package maintainers
who are not interested in translating other packages), to check
if any language versions of translations are updated, and to
copy from CVS repository to package directory in
<basename>.<language>.<section-number> format?

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/