Re: What about a Debian Instalation Quick Guide

El jue, 02-01-2003 a las 20:34, Chris Tillman escribió:
> On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 01:27:30PM -0600, Romel Sandoval Palomo wrote:
> > Hi Everybody
> >
> > I wrote a Spanish document entitled "COMO Instalar Debian" in English
> > its like "Debian Instalation HOWTO" but in reality its a quick step by
> > step guide to the debian installation process. My document its here:
> >
> > http://mx.geocities.com/romelsp/doc/Instalar-Debian-COMO
> >
> > I have seen a similar effort from Clinton De Young:
> >
> > http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=2016
> >
> > Don't you think that its a good idea to make an official quick guide? I
> > could translate my document, hopping to get help because I'm not a
> > native speaker.
> >
> > What do you think? How I must start?
>
> Sounds interesting, however work is moving on a new installer, so this
> would have a limited lifetime.

Yes, I suppose 1 year or so, and then work over the new installation
system. But since its a quick guide its easer to update than the full
manual.

> What kinds of things did you leave out in order to make it 'quick'?

The installation manual explains to much things about linux, things that
the newbies hardly understand. On the quick guide I don't explain deeply
all the confusing stuff.

--
Romel Sandoval