Re: System Administrator's Manual

Thanks for your mail.  I am not currently involved in the Debian
Documentation Project (I gave it up for lack of time a couple of years
ago), so I am forwarding this to the debian-doc mailing list.

On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 23:12, Markus Amersdorfer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've recently come across the backup-page of the manual on
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/system-administrator/ch-sysadmin-backup.html.
> I've been dealing a little bit with backups lately setting up kbackup on
> two machines' and am generally quite happy with it. As I sometimes even
> write down a few letters in order not to forget how I accomplished
> things to work :), I thought you could take a look at
> http://homex.subnet.at/~max/comp-08_kbackup.shtml.
> Perhaps you can need it somehow?
>
> I haven't written anything "official" yet, so I don't really know how to
> structure it correctly to fit your needs. Perhaps you could give me hint
> or two if necessary...
>
> Concerning chapter "12.5 Types of backup":
> As far as I recall, "Differential Backups" are known as "backing up
> everything that has changed since last full backup", whereas
> "Incremental Backups" mean "backing up everything that has changed since
> last full or incremental backup".
> Anyway, I definitely ain't a backup professional...
>
> Would appreciate it to here from you... :)
>
> So long,
> Max
>
> --
> An expert is someone who can tell you exactly afterwards,
> why his prognosis was not correct.  < Winston Churchill >
>
> http://homex.subnet.at/~max/
Isle of Wight, UK
http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver
     "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be
      accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall
      come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."
                               Luke 21:36