Re: *** [maint-guide-publish] Error 2

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 09:28:53PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> It's a bit harder to rate someone's contributions to documentation than it
> is to rate the quality of a package.

Quite true. And unlike Osamu I have not written documentation for Debian
before my application. However, I have written Finnish HOWTO for LDP.

> Wait, your AM had you package something even though you were aiming just at
> documentation?

No. Sorry, I was rather obscure. Nothing like that. Maybe the problem is
only how I read the docs and the comments from (the very friendly and
helpful) people who helped me in my NM process. My NM process took
almost eight months and I am under impression that if I had done a more
serious package instead of aiming for documentation the process would
have been quicker. Maybe I shouldn't have done the package at all so
that my emphasis on documentation would have been more clear :)

Well, it took some time, but Debian maintainership was a very nice
birthday present :)

--
Ari Makela		hauva@arska.org		 http://arska.org/hauva/

"Sailing is, after all, a kind of grace, a kind of magic." - Phil Berman