Re: Debian quickreference in DDP?

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 11:04:13AM +0000, Jaime E. Villate wrote:
> I see two solutions: either Debian starts to give services similar to those of
> SourceForge, which I see very difficult at this point, or we integrate the DDP
> with an already existing project hosting platform: Savannah
> (http://savannah.gnu.org)

Thanks for your thought.

After thinking about it, I think easier solution may be:

DDP provides RSA-public-key or something and gain access to SF.NET CVS
server (or any external CVS server) without password. CVS admin needs to
help set up CVS account for DDP with above authentication method.

Instead of using DDP's own CVS, CRON job at DDP reads from external CVS
and build web page automatically.  This is less trouble for every one :)

Rewriting CRON job batch file with externally configurable file
containing source CVS location, account name,... etc may be the way to
go.

DDP web page update account and CVS administration should be separate issue.

Osamu
+  Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com> @ Cupertino, CA USA         +