Re: CVS location for dselect documentation for beginners

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 07:08:20PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 11:15:32PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > > Is anyone responsible for the rewrite of the install manual for d-i?
> > > I'd prefer not to take it since I'd like to put my attention on
> > > developers-reference, doc-base, and my bugs for a while...
> >
> > Chris Tillman did the large amounts of work on the current install manual,
> > IIRC, he might be interested in this.
>
> Welcome back, Adam!
>
> I'm still lurking around, but I probably would need help setting up
> the build framework etc.  Osamu may be able to help with that.
>
> ATM d-i is not buildable on powerpc, which I would need to get started.
>
> OTOH Osamu imported the progeny manual into debiandoc, and that may
> make a good template for the install manual, at least of the GUI
> installer we will eventually have. We might want to split the manual
> up into GUI and non-GUI pieces, to make it simpler for the GUI people.
> The GUI portion should have screenshots, which is handled awkwardly
> with debiandoc - I think that might really make XML look attractive.

Check
   http://www.teaser.fr/~pbatailler/

And look for
   Debiandoc2docbookxml.tar.gz

Why not start with debiandoc and use this script to move into docbook
sgml/xml.  With tables and figures, at least docbook is more useful and
timing is right to do file conversion from debiandoc to docbook
sgml/xml.

Osamu
        Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>   Cupertino CA USA, GPG-key: A8061F32
 .''`.  Debian Reference: post-installation user's guide for non-developers
 : :' : http://qref.sf.net and http://people.debian.org/~osamu
 `. `'  "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software" --- Social Contract