Re: another doc that should be integrated in ddp: libpkg-guide

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 04:42:04PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> > > It was supposed to become the other, missing half of the New Maintainers'
> > > Guide, I guess. :)
> >
> > I think this issue is up to the maintainers of the two documents...  I
> > only restate this again because i had the author's email wrong, d'oh.
>
> My preference is to write DocBook format text, and thus I have
> the text in DocBook format.

Quite understandable :)

> I seem to remember that DDP used to say that all documentation in DDP
> should be in DebianDoc format, and I never got around to doing that,
> because the document needed to change from time to time, and
> changing the format of text is often very unexciting task.

I think it is now OK to have this DocBook format in DDP as long as
makefile works to create html, plain text, ps, and pdf.

Yes it is "unexciting task" but at the same time quite trivial and easy
text substitution too.  Problem was you have 3 nice tables.

> I would like the text to be integrated in some documentation (which
> requires some work in making the text to suit the format),
> or added into developers-reference package in the independent
> form (in a different format to the developers-reference.sgml)
> as it is.

Right things to do it to convert developers-reference to docbook and
integrate your document.  This was too much for me.

I actually made a patch for developers-reference already.  (I
substituted table into list and taglist.  I know it is not as elegant
but missing this in developer reference is not good either.).

I put patch, source, html, tar.gz etc. under
http://people.debian.org/~osamu/pub/

Direct link to the Junichi's section is
http://people.debian.org/~osamu/pub/dev-ref/developers-reference.html/ch-best-p

If you guys are happy with this, I can commit this to CVS. (The remaining
task is to move URL out of main text to common.ent.)

Osamu
PS: I changed TOC to sect2 for ease of read and changed build script to
use new debiandoc features.
        Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>   Cupertino CA USA, GPG-key: A8061F32
 .''`.  Debian Reference: post-installation user's guide for non-developers
 : :' : http://qref.sf.net and http://people.debian.org/~osamu
 `. `'  "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software" --- Social Contract